Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Threes...

Remember the window breaking at the beginning of the week on Monday last? Well...turns out it was the beginning of a three! Yikes!!! Let me update you on what has happened since.

Number 2.


While taking Chad's rental car back from a business trip last Thursday, I was rear-ended by a pickup truck. It was pretty bad. I never heard him hit his breaks and it was a good thing I had my seat belt on! I was in a long line of stopped cars at 135th St and Switzer and luckily far enough behind the car in front of me that no damage was done to them. Phew!




So there's another view... I was pretty dazed at first. Especially when
I called the police. At first I said I didn't need anybody to look at me, but by the time Chad got there I realized that I could hardly move and was in some real pain. The officer said the EMTs would come and look at me and I could decline going to the hospital. Funny thing is, they never gave me the option. LOL! They climbed into the car, asked some questions, felt my back and started strapping on a neck brace and the next thing I knew they had the flat board and stretcher out! And with that I was strapped down and had my first (and hopefully last) ambulance ride. Man am I glad I had on clean undies! Actually, I had on a long sleeve undershirt, my favorite, and I was terrified they would cut it to start and IV! It sometimes seems like they'll start and IV for anything...but, no worries, my shirt is in one piece!

Anywho, got to the hospital and they asked a bizzilion questions but of course I was still discombobulated. Had to stay in t
he neck brace until I had a C-spine CT scan. All good. Diagnosed with bad whiplash and released with some meds and a VERY bad ache. I'm FINALLY getting to the chiropractor today. Can't wait!!!! So, yeah...that was, well, that was what it was and certainly isn't over since the adjuster still hasn't come to look at the car yet!


Number 3.




Oh, they say a picture is worth a thousand words and doesn't this just do it? This will be Indy's second trip to the vet in two months. In case you're keeping track, in June he jumped the fence and was hit by a car, miraculously walking away with only a limp for a few days and some scrapes. But puppies and boy puppies especially, will always find trouble it seems. And Indy found it in the window he and his big sister, Scout allegedly broke earlier in the week. Admittedly, Chad and I did not do the best of job fixing it rig
ht away but Indy and Scout were determined to see their rabbits and nothing would block their view, including our temporary fix. In the process of ruining that, Indy sliced open his left front toe, bleeding all over the house. So off to the vet we went...again.

He ended up have to have at least four stitc
hes since he lost blood supply to part of the skin. He had to stay overnight and thank goodness for that because with the pain I was already in I don't think I could have dealt with sick dog too. And of course he came home the next day in the Cone of Shame and a bandage he managed to take of the next day. I've put one on each day since and it tends to stay on about six hours max. Now today we have to go in so the vet can put on a new one. Great, we can pay again so Indy can take it off again tomorrow!




Here's a pic of Indy's stitches. I have to out and buy him a new Cone of Shame today too because the dog is a freaking tank. I've had to tape it together twice but now pieces are missing...oy. Pray for me people...this dog is not even nine months old. >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment