Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nostalgic?...not so much

While ninjaing my way across the vast "system of tubes" that is the internet I came upon a website with some pretty cool pix from the 50's and 60's. Lots of blurry, colored-in photos, brightly smiling housewives for archaic-looking appliances and don't forget the jar of marshmallow fluff; a bit of and homage to the past. And I thought, "pretty sweet. The past was all shinny and stuff." That is until I saw this:





So I'm not sure whether the page author was actually nostalgic for this or not, but I know I'm not! ZOMG...for serial!!!!!???!!!! I personally want to hug every woman who fought to end this type of penis worshiping behavior. "Remember his topics of conversation are more important than yours." Really? My husband likes to talk about which superhero is the smartest in the Marvel group of comics or whether a giant's knife could ever be reclassified as a rapier when used by a halfling or would always essentially be a knife (when playing RPG's). Don't get me wrong, he's supper intelligent but
a phallus is not the end all be all.

We'll end with some more nostalgia. Something to vidy from the Year of the Woman, 1975 and the Midnight Special!







No comments:

Post a Comment