Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Whooosh!! So, this is a bit awkward..

I've been, well, away to say the least. See there was this whole wedding thing, job changes, etc, etc and I guess felt too busy to keep up the YBRE. In reality, I think I was a little overwhelmed by the caliber of other people's blogs! I mean seriously, the serious amount of crafting, art and the plain internet smarts some of my fellow bloggers have just made me feel so darn inadequate! But, no more excuses! I'm a homemaker/stay-at-home-mom -in-waiting and I should use this time wisely! Plus, my AMAZING parents just bought me a lightly used Bernina Activa 210 for my recent 26th birthday and my SPECTACULAR husband surprised me with a new Nikon Coolpix S3100. Um, so, I really have no other choice but to update you on all the cool things going on in the Yellow Brick Road East!

Let's take it slow over the next few days and I'll update you on the last year and a half at the YBRE. First things first.



The Wedding!! 10/3/09 Man, I can't believe it's been more than a year and a half! All the crazy bumps we went through don't seem like much looking back on them. Scanning through our engagement and shower pictures...awww, it was like another lifetime ago. But I won't wax too sentimental. The big day was FANTASTIC! It started out with a brunch with me and my besties at a great restaurant in downtown Lawrence, then we all had our hair done at Salon di Marco (an amazing place, cannot recommend enough) while we hurriedly finished some last minute programs. After that it was off to Alvamar to "suit up" pix. Chad and I wanted to be pretty traditional and not see each other before the wedding so there was some strategic planning on the part of our photographer, Cate (a friend of mine from an old college job and a very talented artist! Please check our her other work here.) Before long I was in my dress & singing "Like a Prayer" with my best friends in the dressing room and then all of the sudden I found my self on the first tee of one o
f the most beautiful autumn days ever, surrounded by pumpkins and mums and next to the kindest and most wonderful man ever to boot!!

More pictures soon of the reception!!




No comments:

Post a Comment