Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Autumn arrives in early morning, but spring at the end of a winter's day.

What a gorgeous day today! I spent the morning taking pix of the beautiful peonies I inherited in my back yard. The buds are so plentiful and ready to burst that they are already falling over! (pictures to follow soon!) I also got in a few pictures of my azaleas and roses before the battery had enough. Should get some more tomorrow morning (before a good lawn mowing) and I may even try and pick up some more perennials at Lowe's since the combined effort of the puppy and cat killed my healthy and beautiful succulents over the winter :(.

I had about a third of these...until we got the puppy.

I had a great girls night with my mom, indulging in cheddar biscuits and Walt's Fried Shrimp at our favorite rubescent crustacean. Delish! We spent our evening gabbing over which restaurants in Wichita we wanted to revisit the most since we will both be traveling that way soon. Barnards, Felipe's and NuWay are all def on the list! After dinner we stopped at Half Price Books where I spent around $300 in mind between the Fantasy/Sci-fi & Baking section. I have definitely settled on going back and picking up a baking book my bestie Michelle showed me last weekend. It had some great recipes for breads and pies. MMMMM!

THE WEDDING, Part 2




After saying our "I do's," we whisked off to take what seemed like 10,000 pictures that pretty much all turned out amazing. My favorites featured (of course) fall foliage and PUMPKINS! Let's not forget my husband's unique golf cart driving. LOL! When we arrived back at the club we were ushered in to our own private geek soiree to the stylings of Star Wars, specifically, the hero's chorus in A New Hope. Nerdfabulous!!! There were the customary toasts, everyone made me cry, especially my matron of honor, Kaleigh, and then feast. I don't actually remember eating anything but I know from all the comments and from the original tasting that it was mmgood. being a Pasta, potatoes, roast beef, chicken. Oh, somewhere in there we had our first dance between nnounced and food! We chose "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat because it pretty much sums up the way we feel about each other.


After cutting the cake, making the rounds,
and pretty much partying as hard as we could, Chad and I saw our guests off around midnight and we spent our first night of wedded bliss in Lawrence at the Holiday Inn (giggles). We had a short "honeymoon" at the fabulous boutique hotel in KCMO, the Rapheal. We took a carriage ride through the Plaza and ate at our favorite Hibachi restaurant. We Linkalso got the special "romantic" package at the hotel. Oh la la, it was faboo!


I'm trying to convince Chad that we should revisit for our second anniversary even
if we have to put down our own rose petals and bring our own wine!!


No comments:

Post a Comment