Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

50 Days Until Autumn....Sigh (cont.)

6. Changing leaves. Autumn displays the most beautiful colors in nature! Does the fact that I am an autumn sway me on this...no, I am completely unbiased. This sways me.


Maples, sycamores and hypericum berries
!

7. Chad's Birthday. I love to celebrate my b
oy's bday! He'll always be older than me! And I love getting him gifts cause we have such similar taste! Video games, books, t-shirts all sorts of cool swag for my guy! Last year we had a party that ended with a trip to the Edge of Hell in downtown KC!


Here is a pic of Chad's cake! Bats with a Darth Vader candle!

8. Our Anniversary! On October 3rd we will
be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary! According to Wikipedia and the Chicago Public Library the traditional gift for the 2nd anniversary is cotton while the modern gift is china. I think I will take the traditional gift as I have all my china and am in need of new towels!

9. Carnivals! (sans anything creepy like clowns) Rides, rides, rides! Frog lily pad game! Candy apples! Corn!! Craft booths! Animal shows! Concerts! Every fall when I lived outside of Wichita it was the
Fall Festival! Now in Olathe it is Old Settlers Days. AND I hope to get Chad down to Hutchinson to the State Fair. I can't believe he's never been. Now, technically that is still in the summer but I'm not splitting heirs!

10. FOOTBALL!...well maybe. There of course will be NCAA but I can't say much for my poor Jayhawks :( As of today, it lo
oks like there will be an NFL season (Mara thanks Zeus and Odin and Ra every other deity she pledged her fealty to!) Football is my reason for the season. Oh how I love it! Rock Chalk Jayhawk and Bear Down Chicago!

11. And the Number One Reason is HALLOWEEN. THE MOST IMPORTANT HOLIDAY OF THE YEAR!!! Everything is scary and spooky, creepy and kooky! Dressing up and backing food! Carving pumpkins! Bats and ravens! Skeletons and vampires. Bloods and ghosts! Smiles and shivers just thinking about it!!


This year: Doctor Horrible and The Hammer!

No comments:

Post a Comment